The Junior League of Baton Rouge, Inc. will enhance the quality of life in the Baton Rouge community in the areas of health, education and cultural development.
Our Reaching Out Statement
The Junior League of Baton Rouge, Inc. reaches out to all races, religions and national origins who demonstrate an interest in and commitment to volunteerism.
Criteria for membership include an interest in voluntarism, commitment to community service and an interest in developing one's own potential through training for voluntary community participation. Women are eligible for admission are at least 24 years old, with a one-year Baton Rouge residency. Prospective members are sponsored by four Junior League members. The Junior League of Baton Rouge, Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, religion or national origin.
Junior League members bring a wide variety of skills and talents to their individual placements that ultimately determine the successful operation of our projects. The 640 active and 100 provisional members include homemakers, professionals and volunteer community leaders. Recently gathered statistics demonstrate the diversity of the organization:
- Ages range from 24 to 50, with an average of 36
- 78% have professional careers
- Most contribute more than 6 hours of volunteer service each month to the Junior League
- 92% are college graduates
- In addition to active members, the Junior League claims over 1,100 sustaining members, who continue to volunteer in key leadership roles. These sustaining members apply the skills that they have learned from the Junior League to improve the community through other volunteer organizations.
Click Here for more information on joining JLBR.
Click Here for our list of Member Volunteer Award Recipients.