Community Assistance Fund
The Community Assistance Fund (CAF) assists non-profit agencies in the Baton Rouge area with specific, short-term monetary needs. CAF applications are reviewed by the Community Council each month. The committee chooses projects that meet the guidelines set forth by our bylaws and policies.
Total Community Assistance Fund Giving from 1980-81 through 2012 is over $720,000. Click here for the Community Assistance Fund Giving history.
Click here to complete the Community Assistance Fund Application online.
For any questions, please contact us via email.
During the 2011-2012 year, the Community Assistance Fund used the allocated $36,051 budget to focus on projects meeting the Junior League vision statement: “The Junior League of Baton Rouge will enhance the quality of life in the Baton Rouge community in the areas of physical health, education and cultural development”. The projects funded represent the League’s commitment to our vision.
2011-2012 Projects Funded
- American Heart Association
- Baton Rouge Ballet Theatre
- Baton Rouge Children's Advocacy Center
- Baton Rouge Hops - The Manship Theatre
- Baton Rouge Symphony League
- Capital Area Family Violence Intervention Center, Inc./ The Battered Women's Program
- Early Learning Center
- East Baton Rouge Laboratory Academy
- Greater Baton Rouge Hope Academy
- Glen Oaks Park Elementary
- Greenbriar Elementary
- Habitat for Humanity of Greater Baton Rouge - Women Build Program
- Jack and Jill of America, Inc., Baton Rouge Chapter
- LouisMental Health association of Greater Baton Rouge
- Mirror of Grace Outreach
- Opera Louisiane
- Playmakers of Baton Rouge
- Sexual Trauma and Awareness Response Center
- Shiloh Baptist Church Charitable Foundation
- St. Lillian Academy
- THRIVE Baton Rouge
- Trafficking Hope