Thank you for your interest in the Junior League of Baton Rouge (JLBR). You will be joining an organization of over 1,600 women committed to promoting voluntarism, developing the potential of women and improving communities through the effective action and leadership of trained volunteers. Our purpose is exclusively educational and charitable. JLBR reaches out to women of all races, religions and national origins who demonstrate an interest in and commitment to voluntarism.
We accept new member applications once a year from November through January. JLBR has a MEMBER sponsored system. New member online sponsoring applications are available once a year beginning in November for ‘current members only’ to complete and submit. The following provides some information on that process; however, we invite you to visit this page in November for updated information. In the interim, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
We encourage you to ask your friends if they might be League members and eligible to sponsor you. You might also meet Junior League members working at Hollydays in October or at various events throughout the year, like our new member informational meetings.
1. HELP JLBR GET TO KNOW YOU:
SUBMIT A MEMBERSHIP INTEREST FORM FOR PROSPECTIVE MEMBERS
If you are interested in becoming a member of JLBR, please submit a Membership Interest Form for Prospective Members. Please note this is NOT an application for membership. If you do not know a member in JLBR, this form can help facilitate connecting with a member from our sponsorship pool. This does not guarantee that you will be sponsored for membership.
2. GET TO KNOW JLBR:
INFORMATIONAL SESSIONS FOR PROSPECTIVE MEMBERS
If you are interested in becoming a member of JLBR, please attend one of our Informational Sessions to learn more about our organization. Click one of the following links to learn more and register to attend a Get to Know JLBR event.
- October 10, 2018 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
GET TO KNOW JLBR: Prospective New Member Informational Meeting & Social
- Additional dates COMING SOON
In order to be considered for membership, you must be sponsored by two Junior League members and meet the following criteria:
- You must be at least twenty-four (24) years of age on April 1 of the year in which you are sponsored and would become a New Member.
- To be sponsored as a resident prospective member, you must either (a.) reside in the Parish of East Baton Rouge, Ascension, Iberville, Livingston, West Baton Rouge, or West Feliciana, or (b.) work in the Parish of East Baton Rouge. A resident prospective member shall have fulfilled the residency requirement for a period of at least one (1) year immediately prior to April 1 of the year in which they are sponsored. A resident prospective member may also have resided in the aforementioned geographical area for any previous five (5) consecutive years in lieu of the one-year residency requirements. Undergraduate college years spent in pursuit of a first degree do not qualify for residency under either the one-year or the five-year residency requirements.
- You must be willing to subscribe in all respects to the programs and policies of our organization.
NOTIFICATION OF PROSPECTIVE MEMBERS
JLBR will contact each successful candidate via a mailed invitation to join the organization sometime in the month of March.