The Junior League of Baton Rouge, Inc. (JLBR) annually seeks proposals for projects to carry out our vision to enhance the quality of life in the Baton Rouge community in the areas of health, education and cultural development.
The project proposals are due July 31, 2015 for the following JLBR placement year, which will begin June 1, 2016.
The following criteria apply to the project proposals received:
- Applicants must be classified as a non-profit 501-c3 Corporation or the legal equivalent.
- Fundraising projects for an organization are not eligible.
- Support for religious or political activities is not provided.
- Any organization or its affiliated projects and/or subcommittees selected to receive project assistance are not eligible for any other source of support from the League during that same fiscal year.
- Once received, the merits of the proposed collaboration will be evaluated with the following questions in mind:
- Does the project address an important community need?
- What is the community impact of the project in terms of numbers and populations served?
- Is there a clearly defined job description, including expected responsibilities for each volunteer?
- What is the level and quality of training that will be provided to the volunteers?
- When, where and what is the time frame the volunteers will perform their responsibilities?
- Is there a correlation between the number of volunteers requested, the number of hours worked by volunteers, and the amount of funding requested?
- Is there sufficient member interest to support and sustain the project?
The application period (July 1- 31, 2015) is now closed.
If you have any questions, please contact us via email or by mail to the Junior League of Baton Rouge, Inc., ATTENTION: R&D Chairman,9523 Fenway Drive, Baton Rouge, LA 70809.