Our Community Assistance Fund (CAF) assists non-profit agencies with a 501(c)(3) designation in the Baton Rouge area with specific, short-term monetary needs. The committee chooses projects that meet the guidelines set forth by our bylaws and policies and are focused on meeting the Junior League vision statement: “The Junior League of Baton Rouge will enhance the quality of life in the Baton Rouge community in the areas of physical health, education and cultural development”.
The projects funded represent the League’s commitment to our vision. The funds requests may not be: (1) related to religious, political or medical research projects; (2) used for travel budgets; (3) used for renovations in buildings not owned or in long term leases; (4) issued to a non-profit for more than 2 consecutive years; (5) issued to an entity receiving funds as an existing Junior League of Baton Rouge project; (6) granted to individuals; or (7) more than $2,500.00 (unless approved by the Junior League of Baton Rouge Board of Directors).
Community Assistance Fund Links:
- Community Assistance Fund Application
Please submit applications online using the link above, and then email the following supplemental documents to email@example.com:
1. Your organization’s letter of determination from the Internal Revenue Service certifying 501(c)(3) status
2. Your organization’s detail budget
3. Your Board of Directors listing and terms
- Post Grant Evaluation (Award Recipients must submit a Post Grant Evaluation describing how the funds were spent, how many people were reached and any other appropriate measures of success six months after the event/program is complete.)
We will award grants on a quarterly basis: August, November, February and May.
- For consideration on August 15, 2017, completed applications must be received by August 1, 2017.
- For consideration on November 7, 2017, completed applications must be received by October 31, 2017.
- For consideration on February 20, 2018, completed applications must be received by February 6, 2018.
- For consideration on May 15, 2018, completed applications must be received by May 1, 2018.
- The CAF Chair will send an acknowledgement receipt of the grant application within five (5) days of receipt of the application.
- The CAF Committee will meet quarterly as indicated above to review applications.
- The CAF Chair will communicate decisions within 10 days of its quarterly meeting.
- The CAF Chair and JLBR President will disburse and present grants on the following days:
- August awards will be presented on August 31, 2017.
- November awards will be presented on November 30, 2017.
- February awards will be presented on February 28, 2018.
- May awards will be presented on May 31, 2018.
How to Contact Us
Community Assistance Fund
Junior League of Baton Rouge
9523 Fenway Avenue
Baton Rouge, LA 70809
For any questions, call or email us.
Note: The Junior League of Baton Rouge also offers trained “Ready Hands!” volunteers to support your organization by lending a hand to your community event. Ready Hands Applications are reviewed as received.