Continue to check this page for the most up to date information on Junior League of Baton Rouge programming impacted by the Coronavirus (COVID-19).
03/31/2010 – Message from the President
We remain committed to keeping members, staff, partners, and supporters healthy and safe. To that end, we continue to monitor recommendations and alerts from the Centers for Disease Control and the state and local government officials.
In light of the recent developments, the League’s Board of Directors met to assess the League’s upcoming activities and events. After much thoughtful discussion and consideration of the potential impact of Coronavirus on our community, and out of an abundance of caution, we have decided to suspend ALL in-person activities, events and meetings until May 1.
Determinations regarding meeting and placement credits will communicated as more is known about the how long this situation may last and the ways it will impact out members, partners and the community.
We also recognize that the uncertainty of this time can lead to stress and anxiety and we further recognize that many may be facing financial hardships. While we hope all members will continue to support the work of the League and of their committees through the remainder of the year, no member should feel anxious about her membership obligations or requirements at this time. All members will be given placement credit (40 hours) and meeting credit (5 meetings) for the 2019-2020 League year. Flexibility and grace will be extended, as detailed below:
- Membership & RRR Dues Deadline Extended to April 30: The deadline for payment of dues has been extended to April 30, 2020 for all members. Any member desiring to set up a payment plan should contact Renee Trimble, Financial Vice President, at firstname.lastname@example.org immediately. Your dues serve to fulfill our mission and we ask that you pay your dues as early as possible. Your dues help the operations of the League and will provide a strong start to the 2020-2021 League year being led by Norisha Kirts Glover.
- Placement Credit for 2019-2020: All members will be given placement credit for the 2019-2020 League year.
- Membership Meetings/Trainings: All members will be given credit for 5 meetings for the 2019-2020 League year.
- Hollydays/Touch A Truck Shift Credit: All members that were signed up to work a Touch A Truck shift, will be awarded shift credit. However, those members who did not work their 8 hour Hollydays shift nor arrange makeup shifts with the Membership Vice President will not be awarded credit unless the fine under our Policies and Procedures is paid.
- Volunteer Fair/Placement Fair: We are exploring (virtual) ways to continue to provide you information regarding the different placements available for next year. Stay tuned for more information.
- Online Placement: Online placement will begin May 11, 2020. Additional communication will go out with instructions regarding this process.
- Other Financial Obligations (Hollydays Raffle and/or Fundraiser Shifts): All financial obligations, including late fees, for Hollydays raffle tickets and missed Hollydays shifts will be due by May 15, 2020.
Information on this page has been updated as of 2:00 pm, March 31, 2020
Programming and Event Updates Previous date or deadline noted in parenthesis
- Membership Dues & River Road Recipes Obligation: Deadline extended to April 30, 2020 (March 15)
- Membership Awards: Deadline extended to March 31, 2020 (March 15
- Touch a Truck: Postponed; Details to come (March 21)
- New Member Informational Meeting: Moved to Virtual Meeting; Details to come (March 31)
- April Committee, Council, Executive Management and Board Meetings: Cancelled (Meetings regarding 2020-2012 Budget, EM and BOD to meet virtually at the direction of the president)
03/31/2020 – JLBR Active Member Update March 31
03/31/2020 – JLBR New Member Update March 31
03/31/2020 – JLBR Sustaining Member Update March 31
03/14/2020 – JLBR Member Update March 14: COVID-19
03/10/2020 – JLBR Member Update on COVID-19