Meeting Baton Rouge’s Needs for 90 Years
The Junior League of Baton Rouge, Inc. is a nonprofit organization of more than 1,500 women. The Junior League of Baton Rouge, Inc. was founded in 1932, and has a history of service to children and their families in the areas of education, health, and arts and cultural enrichment.
Our organization is a member of the Association of Junior Leagues International, Inc. (AJLI) which was founded in 1901 and is comprised of 293 organizations in four countries with a membership over 155,000.
The Junior League of Baton Rouge, Inc. has been instrumental in founding and funding many of Baton Rouge’s institutions, like:
- Louisiana Arts and Science Museum
- Baton Rouge Speech and Hearing Foundation
- Volunteers in Public Schools
- Magnolia Mound Kitchen
- East Baton Rouge Parish Library Information Service
- Volunteer! Baton Rouge
- Parenting Center, currently Family Services of Greater Baton Rouge
- Peer Helpers
- Excellence in Teaching, from which the Academic Distinction Fund was modeled
- Arts Council of Greater Baton Rouge