Criteria for membership include an interest in voluntarism, commitment to community service and an interest in developing one’s own potential through training for voluntary community participation. Women are eligible for admission are at least 24 years old, with a one-year Baton Rouge residency. Prospective members are sponsored by two Junior League members. The Junior League of Baton Rouge, Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, religion or national origin.
Junior League members bring a wide variety of skills and talents to their individual placements that ultimately determine the successful operation of our projects. The over 400 Active Members, 130 New Members, and 800 Sustaining members include homemakers, professionals and volunteer community leaders. Recently gathered statistics of our Active Members demonstrate the diversity of the organization:
- Ages range from 24 to 55, with an average of 36
- 84% have professional careers
- Most contribute more than 6 hours of volunteer service each month to the Junior League
- 92% are college graduates
- In addition to active members, many of the Junior League Sustaining Members continue to volunteer in key leadership roles. These Sustaining Members apply the skills that they have learned from the Junior League to improve the community through other volunteer organizations.
Click Here for more information on joining JLBR.
Click Here for our list of Member Volunteer Award Recipients.