Thank you for your interest in becoming a member of the Junior League of Baton Rouge (JLBR). You will be joining an organization of more than 1,600 women committed to promoting voluntarism, developing the potential of women and improving communities through the effective action and leadership of trained volunteers. Our purpose is exclusively educational and charitable. JLBR reaches out to women of all races, religions and national origins who demonstrate an interest in and commitment to voluntarism.
JLBR has a MEMBER sponsored system. We encourage you to ask your friends if they might be League members and eligible to sponsor you. You might also meet Junior League members at Hollydays in October or at various events throughout the year, like our new member informational meetings.
NEW MEMBER APPLICATION
Applications are currently closed.
APPLY TO JOIN JLBR Steps to Follow:
- GET TO KNOW JLBR: ATTEND AN INFORMATIONAL SESSION FOR PROSPECTIVE MEMBERS
If you are interested in becoming a member of JLBR, please attend one of our Informational Sessions to learn more about our organization. This is not a requirement, but we strongly encourage you to attend in order to learn more about the JLBR, membership requirements, and benefits of membership. Also, please be sure and review the Eligibility Requirements listed at the bottom of this page.
2. SECURE SPONSORS
Secure two sponsors and their information to fill out the sponsor portion of the application (name, email, and member ID number). Remember that JLBR members are everywhere, so search your networks – friends, work, your place of worship, professional organizations, social media networks and other charitable organizations with which you are involved.
- Sponsor Pool – Any prospective member who lacks two sponsors may request assistance with securing sponsors from the JLBR Sponsor Pool. (You will request this during the membership application process.) Any prospective members needing help from the Sponsor Pool should apply by January 15, 2021.
3. COMPLETE APPLICATION
(Quick & easy and can be done immediately.)
|Do Not Know Sponsors
(Matching process may take several weeks.)
1-Application Step 1 link posted here
2-Application Step 2 Residency & Sponsor Form (Option A link from email received after step 1)
1-Application Step 1 link posted here
2-Sponsor Assistance Request Form (Option B link from email received after step 1)
3-After meeting with matched sponsor/sponsors, return to email for Application Step 2 Residency & Sponsor Form (Option A link from email received after step 1)
Any prospective members needing help from the Sponsor Pool should apply by January 15, 2021.
In order to be considered for membership, you must be sponsored by two Junior League members and meet the following criteria:
- You must be at least twenty-four (24) years of age on April 1 of the year in which you are sponsored and would become a New Member.
- To be sponsored as a resident prospective member, you must either (a.) reside in the Parish of East Baton Rouge, Ascension, Iberville, Livingston, West Baton Rouge, or West Feliciana, or (b.) work in the Parish of East Baton Rouge. A resident prospective member shall have fulfilled the residency requirement for a period of at least one (1) year immediately prior to April 1 of the year in which they are sponsored. A resident prospective member may also have resided in the aforementioned geographical area for any previous five (5) consecutive years in lieu of the one-year residency requirements. Undergraduate college years spent in pursuit of a first degree do not qualify for residency under either the one-year or the five-year residency requirements.
- You must be willing to subscribe in all respects to the programs and policies of our organization.
NOTIFICATION OF PROSPECTIVE MEMBERS
JLBR will contact selected candidates via a mailed invitation to join the organization sometime in the month of March.
If you have any questions or require assistance, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.