***Click here to RSVP for our October 1st Prospective New Member Social. This will be held via Zoom on Thursday, October 1 from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.***
The application process for the 2021-2022
membership year will open on November 1, 2020.
Applications may be submitted from Nov. 1 – Jan. 31 each League year.
Thank you for your interest in the Junior League of Baton Rouge (JLBR). You will be joining an organization of more than 1,600 women committed to promoting voluntarism, developing the potential of women and improving communities through the effective action and leadership of trained volunteers. Our purpose is exclusively educational and charitable. JLBR reaches out to women of all races, religions and national origins who demonstrate an interest in and commitment to voluntarism.
We accept prospective new member applications once a year from November through January. JLBR has a MEMBER sponsored system. We encourage you to ask your friends if they might be League members and eligible to sponsor you. You might also meet Junior League members at Hollydays in October or at various events throughout the year, like our new member informational meetings.
APPLY TO JOIN JLBR / Beginning November 1
Steps to Follow:
- GET TO KNOW JLBR: ATTEND AN INFORMATIONAL SESSION FOR PROSPECTIVE MEMBERS
If you are interested in becoming a member of JLBR, please attend one of our Informational Sessions to learn more about our organization. This is not a requirement, but we strongly encourage you to attend in order to learn more about the JLBR, membership requirements, and benefits of membership. Also, please be sure and review the Eligibility Requirements listed at the bottom of this page.
–RSVP for GET TO KNOW JLBR OCTOBER 1, 2020, ZOOM MEETING, 6PM TO 8PM
-MORE DATES AVAILABLE SOON!
2. SECURE SPONSORS
Secure two sponsors and their information to fill out the sponsor portion of the application (name, email, and member ID number). Remember that JLBR members are everywhere, so search your networks – friends, work, your place of worship, professional organizations, social media networks and other charitable organizations with which you are involved.
- Sponsor Pool – Any prospective member who lacks two sponsors may request assistance with securing sponsors from the JLBR Sponsor Pool. (You will request this in your membership application in the Residency & Sponsor Form.)
3. COMPLETE APPLICATION (Applications available beginning November 2020.)
- Sponsor Pool – Any prospective member who indicated Sponsor Pool on their application will need to send us an update using this form, Quick Application Update Form once they’ve been assigned AND communicated with their sponsors. If you are no longer logged into your League account, you will access through this link instead, Quick Application Update Form.
In order to be considered for membership, you must be sponsored by two Junior League members and meet the following criteria:
- You must be at least twenty-four (24) years of age on April 1 of the year in which you are sponsored and would become a New Member.
- To be sponsored as a resident prospective member, you must either (a.) reside in the Parish of East Baton Rouge, Ascension, Iberville, Livingston, West Baton Rouge, or West Feliciana, or (b.) work in the Parish of East Baton Rouge. A resident prospective member shall have fulfilled the residency requirement for a period of at least one (1) year immediately prior to April 1 of the year in which they are sponsored. A resident prospective member may also have resided in the aforementioned geographical area for any previous five (5) consecutive years in lieu of the one-year residency requirements. Undergraduate college years spent in pursuit of a first degree do not qualify for residency under either the one-year or the five-year residency requirements.
- You must be willing to subscribe in all respects to the programs and policies of our organization.
NOTIFICATION OF PROSPECTIVE MEMBERS
JLBR will contact each successful candidate via a mailed invitation to join the organization sometime in the month of March.
If you have any questions or require assistance, please email email@example.com.